Rent a hospital grade breast pump for best results
-Medela Personalfit double pump kit is available for purchase, $79.95
-Other feeding products available for purchase
-Personal guidance from a Lactation consultant at no extra cost
-15% off a lactation consultation when you rent a pump
Symphony pump as used in Hospitals
- Superior motor and two-phase technology
- A comfortable, quiet pump: gentle on newly lactating breasts
- Pump more milk in less time
- Grow the milk production for a newborn
- Increase a low milk supply
- Ensure the best milk supply for a baby who is unable to breastfeed
Breast shield size selection
Make sure to use the right shield size. It is an essential component of effective pumping, helping to optimise milk flow. Personal guidance on size and pump usage at no extra cost
Pumping should not hurt. For maximum comfort and pumping efficiency, Medela offers five breast shield sizes.
This guide is a starting point to help determine your optimal size based on your nipple diameter.
Did you know?
- You may need a different size per breast.
- Your breast shield size will depend on your breast tissue and skin elasticity.
- Your breast shield size could change over the duration of your pumping experience.
- When you apply vacuum pressure, your nipple size could change.
- Pressing the breast shield too hard could block milk ducts.
Reasons to Try a New Size
- Does your nipple rub the tunnel sides to the point of causing discomfort?
- Do you see excessive areola being pulled into the tunnel?
- Do you see any redness?
- Is your nipple or areola turning white?
- Do you feel unexpressed milk after pumping?
If you answered «YES» to any of these questions, consider trying a new size by following the measuring instructions above. If you are still unsure
that you selected the correct size, see a lactation consultant or breastfeeding specialist.